Multi-award winning actress, singer, presenter, musical director, radio host and MC, Relebogile Mabotja, is proving yet again that her talent is valued across the continent with her latest Master Of Ceremony work being acknowledged in Ghana.
Relebogile Mabotja was appointed the MC for the second annual AfriGEOSS Symposium in Sunyani, Ghana which started on 13 June 2017 and wrapped up this afternoon, 15 June 2017. Relebogile Mabotja did a stellar job successfully hosting the symposium with highly positive feedback from both the AfriGEOSS Symposium organising committee and members in attendance of the symposium.
Following the success of the inaugural AfriGEOSS Symposium held in Victoria Falls in 2016, Relebogile Mabotja hosted the second annual AfriGEOSS Symposium which aimed to:
- Demonstrate use of Earth Observations in implementing African policies (such as agenda 2063, African Space Policy, etc.) for sustainable development, including the three GEO priority engagement areas (SDGs, Climate, Disasters)
- Promote and build synergies with on-going and planned Earth observations initiatives at national, regional (e.g. GMES & Africa, SERVIR, UNGGIM-Africa) and international level (such as GEO activities)
- Engage with end users, understanding needs and mechanisms to deliver user driven Earth observations solutions
- Review implementation of the 2016 Symposium Outcomes and contributions to the GEO 2017 – 2019 Work Programme
- Raise awareness on value of Earth observations, the Group on Earth Observation and AfriGEOSS activities
- Reinforce dialogue on Earth observations priorities in Africa
Relebogile Mabotja continues to makes strides across the continent showcasing her work as a talented South African youth.
Follow her on social media (@RelebogileM) to view her weekend in Ghana as she will celebrate Youth Day in Accra, Ghana.
You can also catch Relebogile Mabotja every week day hosting the Early Breakfast Show on 702 from 3am – 6am. She will be back in studio on Monday, 19 June 2017.