Septimo Italian Market & Restaurant, located on Sandton City’s Nelson Mandela Square, recently launched an impressive cocktail menu with some original twists on old favourites. All of which can be enjoyed in the restaurant’s gorgeously appointed bar or at a table overlooking the square.
Says owner Paul Lycos: “We have such a fabulous bar that we thought it was time to also have some fabulous bespoke drinks. So we have come up with seven sublime cocktails – one for each day of the week.”
The seven cocktails are:
- Cassis Negroni: Campari, Vermouth Rosso, gin and cassis
- Basil & Elderflower Gimlet: An infusion of fresh basil and elderflower cordial shaken with premium gin
- Uva Martini: Aperol shaken with grapefruit extract and served in a martini glass
- La Bela Vita: Campari, rose extract, fresh lime and cranberry juice, served straight up in a chilled martini glass
- Fiori Bere: Premium gin, elderflower extract and grapefruit juice. Shaken not stirred!
- Cento Anni: Campari, cherry extract and prosecco served in a martini glass
- Cucumber and Basil G&T: Premium gin shaken with cucumber extracts, lemon and fresh basil. Served tall and charged with tonic water
Laughs Lycos: “You can imagine how many happy hours we spent taste testing these cocktails to come up with the right flavour and the right mix! But they’re perfect as a pre-meal drink or if you’re on your way to the movies or the theatre and want to have a quick drink before or after.”
The cocktails range in price from R65 to R75.
In addition to the new cocktail menu, Septimo has also added three special festive season menus for parties of eight people or more:
- The La Famiglia Menu. Hand-crafted appetiser boards as well as pastas and pizzas served family style. The pizzas – from the wood fire oven – have thin crusts and come with a variety of toppings, from Margarita with fresh tomato, mozzarella and basil to Prostitutto with pancetta, fig and wild rocket. R290pp
- The Nostalgia Menu. Scrumptious family recipe dishes such as homemade ravioli with Napoli sauce, ricotta lasagna and spaghetti and meatballs, US-style. R345pp
- The Signature Menu. Sustainable and organic selections from the signature menu, such as pan-seared sea bass, wood-fired whole baby chicken and a 350g, 45-day, dry-aged, grass-fed New York strip (sirloin) with a coffee and black pepper rub which is served with a jus and thrice-fried parmesan and black pepper chips. R390pp
Perfect for intimate company Christmas parties, the price includes a complimentary Peppermint Prosecco as well as a delicious homemade dessert, from the restaurant’s in-store Patachou Patisserie bakery, for all diners in the party.
Septimo Italian Market & Restaurant is located at 31 Nelson Mandela Square. To book, call 011 077-7777