Sello Paul Malinga – inventor of the Spinetector Suit – has become the second finalist to leave Cell C’s reality show Hangman. The remaining eight contestants will do battle for R1-million on the show, hosted by Maps Maponyane and broadcast on e.tv on Sundays at 11h50.
The remaining innovators and their inventions, are:
- Bonex Mwakikunga (aged 50 from Pretoria): Breath-Tech Sensor, a diabetes breathalyser.
- Chelsea Anne Hornby (aged 24 from Roodepoort): Elle reusable menstrual cup and female hygiene management.
- Christo Rossouw (aged 35 from Klerksdorp): Mosquito repellent lamp.
- Claire Reid (aged 31 from Parkview, Johannesburg): Reel Gardening, a pre-fertilised, pre- spaced colour-coded seed tape.
- Dean Fegen (aged 41 from Alberton): The Polyhammer which replaces the need for copper and rubber hammers in underground mining.
- Lebohang Motsoeneng (aged 28 from Naturena in Johannesburg): The I-waiter is an electronic button device that attracts the attention of a restaurant waiter via a fashionable vibrating watch.
- Rupert Taljaard (aged 45 from Yzerfontein, Western Cape): Halt Lock is a revolutionary anti-theft/anti hijacking device that prevents the driveshaft of the stolen vehicle from turning the wheels thus preventing its theft.
- Sean T Armstrong (aged 35 from Bedfordview): Uni Click is a safety syringe that improves the safety, accuracy and precision of medical dosing.
The Top 8 have to win the approval of the ‘Backers’ (judges), captains of industry and investment, who are celebrity economist Iraj Abedian; self-made billionaire Quinton van der Burgh; Bonang Mohale, CEO of Business Leadership South Africa and businesswoman and entrepreneur Connie Mashaba.
All customers that download the Cell C Reality App automatically receive 100 000 points which they can use to participate in the ‘The Exchange’. Points are allocated to play the game. Customers win a variety of prizes by playing the game, including a car, scooter, smartphones, data, cash and vouchers.
The innovator who succeeds in garnering the support of the Backers, while rallying viewer/‘investor’ sentiment, could walk away with a R1 million cash prize and everything needed to succeed in a 21st century market.
Contestants and viewers do not need to be a Cell C customer to play or download the App but Cell C customers will receive bonuses for participation and watching the show.
Hangman airs on e.tv (on DStv it can be found on channel 194) on Sundays at 11h50 with a repeat on Saturdays at 13h00. It also broadcasts on eExtra (http://eextra.etv.co.za) on Wednesdays at 19h30 with a repeat on Thursdays at 10h00.
- Internet: https://www.cellc.co.za/cellc/hangman
- Twitter: Hangman_SA
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hangman-SA
- Hashtag: #cellchangman