Avengers: Endgame is finally finished after all the reshoots, edits and finishing touches. The movie is set to hit cinemas soon.
Avengers: Endgame is an upcoming American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics superhero team the Avengers, produced by Marvel Studios and set for distribution by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
Taking to Twitter, Avengers: Endgame directors Joe and Anthony Russo posted a photo on Friday morning, revealing that it was the last day of editorial work on the movie.
“Last day of editorial Sundae Bar. Picture is locked…(sic),” the Russo Brothers wrote in the tweet.
Last day of editorial Sundae Bar. Picture is locked… pic.twitter.com/IzC1txDrii
— Russo Brothers (@Russo_Brothers) March 8, 2019
Now that Avengers: Endgame is finally over, this means no more reshoots or late nights in the edit bay. “Picture is locked” simply means that the movie’s final cut has been set. Everything you will see on the screen is now in order. There won’t be any changes, it is done. However, according to Comicbook, there could still be some work on the movie from an audio standpoint.
“Now that the visual film have been completed, the audio will need to be given a final mix, if that hasn’t been done already. There’s also a chance that the final score and some sound effects still need to be tweaked or added in. Other than that, things are ready to go, and we’re almost at the finish line.” – they said.
Movie synopsis: “Adrift in space with no food or water, Tony Stark sends a message to Pepper Potts as his oxygen supply starts to dwindle. Meanwhile, the remaining Avengers — Thor, Black Widow, Captain America and Bruce Banner — must figure out a way to bring back their vanquished allies for an epic showdown with Thanos — the evil demigod who decimated the planet and the universe.”
Avengers: Endgame will hit theaters on April 26.
Avengers: Endgame Cast:
- Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man:
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor:
- Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner / Hulk:
- Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America
- Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Stephen Strange
- Don Cheadle as James “Rhodey” Rhodes / War Machine
- Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man
- Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa / Black Panther
- Paul Bettany as Vision
- Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch
- Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson / Falcon
- Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes / Winter Soldier
- Tom Hiddleston as Loki
- Benedict Wong as Wong
- Pom Klementieff as Mantis
- Karen Gillan as Nebula
- Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer
- Zoe Saldana as Gamora
- Bradley Cooper as Rocket
- Gwyneth Paltrow as Virginia “Pepper” Potts
- Josh Brolin as Thanos
- Chris Pratt as Peter Quill / Star-Lord
- Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton
- Evangeline Lilly as Hope van Dyne / Wasp
- Jon Favreau as Harold “Happy” Hogan
- Paul Rudd as Scott Lang / Ant-Man
- Brie Larson as Carol Danvers / Captain Marvel
Image Courtesy: BGR.com