HERE’s a quick link to the myUnisa online student portal. To learn how to register and login to myUnisa and myLife email, read on.
How to register:
(Download UNISA’s PDF Guide Here)
- Go to the student portal.
- Tap the “Claim Unisa Login” button at the top-right of the screen.
- Type your student sumber into the box and click ‘Continue’. If you don’t know what your student number is, you can find it on your Unisa Acceptance Letter or on most official Unisa documents. If you have not yet been accepted to Unisa, read this article on how to apply.
- Fill in your personal information into the form. You will need your South African ID number or Foreign ID/Passport number to complete this section.
- Read the Terms and Conditions, check the boxes and click ‘Acknowledge’.
- Boom! You’re in. You’ll notice that you will be given an initial password, which you can change whenever you want. This will be your password to access both your myUnisa account and your myLife email account. You will also see your myLife email address, which you will use throughout your time at UNISA.
How to login to myUnisa student portal
- First register for a myLife account using the steps above.
- Navigate to the student portal, type in your username and password and click ‘Login’.
How to login to myLife email portal
- First register for a myLife account using the steps above. It can take up to 24 hours after registering before your myLife email will work.
- Navigate to the email portal, type in your username and password and click ‘Login’. myLife uses the Microsoft platform, so you’ll see a Microsoft login – this is right place.
Changing your password
Don’t forget to change your initial password to something that is both secure and which you will remember. You should also try this if your myLife email account is not working more than 24 hours after you registered.
- To do this, login to your myUnisa account.
- Navigate to ‘My Admin’.
- Click ‘change password’ and follow the prompts.
You can also get more information on applying to UNISA by visiting our institution directory or clicking the link above.