With Election Day fast approaching this Wednesday, 8 May, Uber encourages all South Africans to cast their vote in the sixth democratic elections.
To make travelling easier for all riders, Uber in partnership with the Independent Electoral Commission of South Africa (IEC) and the Nelson Mandela Foundation will be offering R25 off on rides to and from voting stations.
This offer is available to riders in Johannesburg, Ekurhuleni, Pretoria, Cape Town, Durban and Port Elizabeth only on Wednesday, 08 May from 7 am – 9 pm.
“Everyone of age has the right to vote and we wanted to ensure that we make the travelling experience much easier for our riders. Election Day is an important day in the country and using our technology and resources, we can help make it easier for every Uber rider in South Africa to get to their voting station at the push of a button,” says Alon Lits, General Manager for Uber Sub-Saharan Africa.
Tick the below boxes and get riding:
- Open the Uber app and go to ‘Payment’ on the app Menu
- Under ‘Promotions’, click on ‘Add Promo/Gift Code’
- Enter VOTESA19 and click on the ADD button
- When you’re ready to get voting on Election Day, request a ride as usual
- Get up to R25 off your trip to and from your polling station.
To ensure that riders qualify for the promotion, Uber encourages riders to familiarise themselves with the below fine print to qualify for the promotion
- Riders must enter the code VOTESA19 to get up to R25 off their next two rides.
- The promotion is open to both new and existing Uber riders in Johannesburg and Pretoria, Ekurhuleni, Cape Town, Durban and Port Elizabeth.
- The code will only apply between 7 am and 9 pm on Wednesday, 8 May 2019
Image Courtesy: cnet.com