On Thursday night, all the winners of the 10th annual Feather Awards 2018 were announced. The event, which celebrates LGBTI allies, celebrities and activists, was held at Johannesburg City Hall.
Actor, presenter and musician Somizi Mhlongo entertained the crowd with a stream of witty and slick commentary throughout the night as the MC.
The evening was kicked off with a spectacular performance by an all-star lineup of divas, including Nokukhanya, Nothende, Zandi, Thembisile, Tamara Dey, Wanda Baloyi, Kelly Khumalo, Moneoa, Amstel, and KB.
Daily Sun reported that the awards co-founder Thami Kotlolo explained how the event has grown from a cheeky, controversial affair into a platform that now also involves community projects during the year.
— FeatherAwardsSA (@FeathersSA) November 15, 2018
“We currently host community dialogues in urban and rural areas, which discuss issues about LGBTIQ+ rights, needs and interests and training of police, in partnership with the Gauteng Community Safety Department, to increase safety and reduce victimisation,” he said.
All Feather Awards 2018 Winners
- Best Styled Male – Riky Rick
- Best Styled Female – Ayanda Thabethe
- Cutest Couple – Steve & Lucy Letsike
- Diva Extraodinaire – Thembsie Matu
- Drama Queen – AKA & Matlapa
- Fag Hag – Rami Chuene
- Hot Chick – Michelle Mosalakae
- Hunk of the Year – Bohang Moeko
- Media Award of the Year – GaySA Radio
- Musician of the Year – Sjava
- Role Model of the Year – Ntsupe Mohapi
- Socialite of the Year – Yaya Mavundla
- Sports Personality – Hlengiwe Buthelezi Simon Nkoli Award – Phumi Mtethwa
- African Feather of the Year – Denis Nzioka
- Social Media Personality of the Year – @Fistvoices
- Simon Nkoli Award – Phumi Mthethwa
Image Courtesy: twitter.com/FeathersSA