Radio & TV Media personality, Relebogile Mabotja, had to be rushed to hospital after having lunch at a popular restaurant in East Rand. The actress was exposed to allergens.
Mabotja, who recently returned to our television screens, took to Twitter to explain what happened before mentioning the restaurant and demanding an apology.
The actress visited Emperor’s Palace restaurant in the East Rand for lunch with her colleagues. She claims that she was served by a waiter who was not happy about her persistence about finding out what was in the food she was being offered.
According to her, both waiter and chef insisted that there were no allergens in her meal, however, she started feeling sick after two bites.
“I proceeded to eat. After 2 bites, something didn’t feel right. I asked the waiter again if there were nuts in my meal. He insisted there none, showing me the menu that didn’t list them as ingredients. I asked him to check if there’s pesto. Again the answer was no,” – she tweeted.
Lebo went on to say she’s so disappointed at the lack of training of stuff on the seriousness of life-threatening allergic reaction.
After I was discharged, the waiter messaged to check on me. The manager called to apologize but I am yet to hear from anyone from head office. I am so disappointed at the lack of follow-up and training of staff on the seriousness of anaphylactic shock. I could have died.
The restaurant has since apologised for the unfortunate incident.
“We have apologised to Lebo for this very unfortunate situation. We are speaking to her to ensure that she is fully recovered & will be taking the necessary steps to prevent this from happening again in the future (sic),” – the restaurant tweeted.